Is storage space running out on your Samsung Galaxy tab A? You have to clean up the space. The device has built cache memory or you have downloaded too many apps or games.
Galaxy A can use both internal storage and an SD card. So, you can move some files and videos to the memory card. In short, there are multiple ways to free up space on the device. In this guide, I will tell you all the methods in detail.
Why my Samsung Tablet is slow?
Because the storage space is filled up. Too many apps, games, and videos are stored on your device. So, the system has an extra load. The solution is to free up space and delete unused apps and files.
Tip#1. Delete Temporary Files
Temporary internet files are stored in your device. Over time, they build up to occupy a large part of the memory. Therefore, it is necessary to remove such files regularly.
One easy way is to use SmartManager. It is a pre-installed app on your device. Another app is CleanMaster. Just open the apps, scan, and free up the space. For a manual cleanup, follow these steps;
- Open “Settings” on your Samsung Galaxy tab A.
- Go to the “System” and then choose “Storage”.
- Next, click the “Cached Data” and delete it.
Tip#2. Delete App Data
Another way to free up space is to delete the app data from your device. First, check all the installed apps and data usage. Here is the process;
- Go to “Settings” and then “Apps & Settings”.
- Next, choose “Apps and Notifications”. Here, the list of all the installed apps will appear.
- Memory usage will also be displayed next to each app and game.
- Go through the list and delete unused or extra applications.
- Click the app and choose “Storage & Cache”. Delete Cache memory.
- Repeat this process for all the most used apps on your tablet.
Tip#3. Remove Extra Files
- Go to the “My Files” app on your device.
- Choose “Downloads” from the menu.
- Check and remove the unnecessary files.
- Another way is to download the file Explorer application.
- Some of the popular apps are Solid File Explorer and FX File Explorer.
Tip#4. Delete Extra Photos and Videos
We all click photos and take screenshots randomly. So, our phone’s storage becomes full. Moreover, pictures and videos from Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, and other apps also occupy the storage.
Your task is to go through all the albums. Delete blurry and unnecessary photos plus videos. The problem of space running out will be solved.
Tip#5. Move Your Data
Do you have important data stored on your device? You may not want to remove this data. But, you can transfer it to another device. For example, move the videos, photos, or files to the SD card.
Another way is to transfer the data to a computer or another mobile device. Connect your Samsung tablet to the PC using a USB cable or transfer via a flash drive.
Further, you can also back up the data to Google Drive or Cloud storage. Then, remove that data from your device to solve the space issue.
Tip#6. Empty Recycle Bin
Deleted files and items go to the recycle bin. So, they take up storage space by residing there for 7-30 days. Therefore, you have to empty the bin manually.
- Go to the Samsung Gallery on your device.
- Launch the app and click the 3-dot icon to expand the menu.
- Choose “Recycle Bin” from the drop-down menu.
- Press the “Empty” button, select the files, and remove them.
- Repeat the same process with other apps such as Google Photos, OneDrive, Files, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Samsung Tablet
Here are some of the frequently asked questions. They are included to help you understand Samsung tablets further.
How to use an SD card as an internal storage device on my Samsung Galaxy?
On your Galaxy tab A, go to the “Settings” app. Choose “Storage” and then “SD Card”. Click the 3-dot icon at the top right. Select “Settings” and then “Format as Internal”. Finally, tap “Erase & Format”.
How to free up space on my tablet without deleting anything?
The best way to free up space is to back up your data. Download Google Photos or use Google Drive. Login via your Google account. Backup the “Device Folders” to these apps. Then, click “Free Up Space” to remove backed-up files.
How to update my Samsung Galaxy Tab A?
Connect your device to a strong internet network. Open the “Settings” app on your tablet. Navigate to and choose “About Device”. Next, select “Software Update”. Download and install the latest software version.
Also read: Samsung Galaxy Tab A Not Charging
This guide has listed multiple ways to free up space on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A. If the storage space is running out, you can try all these methods. The best recommendation is to back up or transfer your data. Also, check and follow other methods. Keep removing unwanted files, photos, and games regularly to avoid the issue.