If you own a tablet, you know its worth. The stylus pen adds further value and convenience. However, what to do if your Lenovo tab P11 Pro has stopped working?
Some users reported that the pen could not connect to the tab. While others complain that it does not respond. I analyzed all the situations and reached a conclusion. Some software glitch causes these issues.
Moreover, there can be some other reasons such as hardware faults. Hence, we will discuss each cause and its solution in this quick and comprehensive guide.
1. Reset Your Lenovo Pen
The first solution I would suggest is to reset your pen. I always use this trick in the first place. Because resetting can fix a number of software issues. Here is how to do it;
- Your Lenovo pen has two buttons on it.
- Press and hold both buttons for 30 seconds.
- The pen will restart and reset.
Many users fixed their devices with this simple reset method. Hopefully, it will also work for you. Otherwise, follow the next solutions.
2. Charge the Pen Fully
Insufficient energy will cause the pen to stop working. So, you have to charge it fully.
- Insert the pen into the slot on your tab. Lock it in position with a click.
- Make sure the tab is turned ON and active. It should not be in sleep mode.
- The pen will charge 100% within 5 minutes. It may take more time to charge.
- So, wait for 20-30 minutes. Then, try using it again.
- When you touch the screen with the pen, the battery percentage will show.
3. Pair the Pen Correctly
You should know the right pairing method. Otherwise, the devices will not connect. Try to connect your pen again by the following steps.
- First, restart both the pen and your Lenovo tablet.
- In the Windows search bar of your tab, type Bluetooth.
- Open Bluetooth settings and turn it ON.
- On the pen, hold the top button for 7-10 seconds.
- Release the button when the LED indicator flashes white.
- The pen should appear in the list of available Bluetooth devices on your tab.
- Click the pen in the list and pair it. Now, use the pen again to check if it works.
4. Reverse the Battery
Another crazy hack is to reverse the battery of your pen. These hacks also proved effective in many cases.
- Take out the battery of the pen.
- Be sure to note its position. Insert the battery in the opposite direction.
- It means you have to reverse the battery to the wrong polarity.
- Turn ON your Lenovo pen. Wait for a few moments.
- Then, reverse the battery again into the correct position.
5. Replace the Batteries
Lenovo Active pen uses a single AAAA battery. It can expire by continuous usage. So, you have to buy new batteries.
If your pen is not working, check and replace the battery. Be sure to use a compatible and good-quality battery.
6. Check Pressure Sensitivity
The pressure sensitivity of your pen may not be working. It is the fault of the nib. So, take off the nib gently. Then, place it back correctly. Next, hold down the top button for 7-10 seconds. This is an easy way to get the pen back to work.
Also Read: Top 7 Tablets for Fortnite Gaming
7. Flip the Modes
This trick is also useful. You have to flip between tablet and laptop mode. Change to the laptop mode. Open different apps and software. For example, open a word document, pdf, notepad, or paint.
Try to write or draw with a pen. Then, shift back to tablet mode. Restart your Lenovo. Check different documents by writing and drawing.
8. Install Drivers and Software Update
Your device may be missing pen drivers or software updates. Therefore, it has stopped working. So, you have to check both elements.
Run the Lenovo Vantage for a software update. You can run a diagnostic test and install the drivers.
Recalibrate your pen via the Wacom Pen app installed on the device. Take help from the drivers suggested by Lenovo.
9. Reinstall Pen Drivers
If the issue still exists, you should uninstall the pen drivers. Here is how to do it;
- Go to “Settings” on your Lenovo tablet.
- Navigate to the “Mouse and Other Pointing Devices”.
- Expand the menu and choose “USB Touchscreen Controller Drivers.”
- Uninstall the drivers and then restart your device.
- Open the “Device Manager” on your tab. Choose “HID-Human Interface Devices”. Right-click the HID tab and uninstall the drivers.
- Restart your tab and the drivers will reinstall automatically.
10. Restart Your Lenovo P11 Pro
Maybe the issue is in the tab. Therefore, you need to troubleshoot it. Simply restart the device. It does not remove any saved data. Here is the process;
- Make sure you remember your device’s PIN code, unlock password, or pattern.
- Hold down the “Power/Unlock” button for a few seconds.
- Release the button when different options appear on the screen.
- Highlight the “Restart” option using the Volume buttons. Choose Restart by pressing the Power button.
- Click the “Accept” button to confirm the process.
- The tab will reboot by turning OFF and ON.
- Wait for a few seconds until it restarts normally.
- Enter the PIN code of the SIM card and the unlock code if requires.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lenovo Tab
If you want to learn more, read the following frequently asked questions.
Is the Lenovo P11 Pro tab worth buying?
Lenovo manufactures good quality and low-cost tablets. P11 Pro is an ideal two-in-one device. Because it supports gaming, artwork, and media. You get 6GB RAM and an Android 10 version at a reasonable cost.
Does Lenovo P11 Pro has SIM card and SD card slots?
P11 has a microSD card slot that supports up to 256GB card. Moreover, it also has one ISM card slot. You can install a nano-SIM for calls and messages.
Can I use an external Stylus pen for my Lenovo tab?
The Lenovo P11 tab is compatible with Lenovo Active 3 and Precision Pen 2. However, it can also work with certain third-party pens. For example, it supports capacitive-type multi-touch pens.
Also review: Lenovo P11 Pro Tab Keyboard Stopped Working
I have suggested all the potential solutions in this guide. I hope you have tried all. However, if nothing works, you must contact Lenovo support. The problem may be a built-in technical fault in the device.
Ask for a replacement or refund if the device is under warranty. This is the last option to fix your Lenovo P11 Pro tab pen that has stopped working.