Lenovo P11 Pro is a two-in-one device. It works both as a tablet and a laptop. Attach the keyboard to use it as a normal PC. But, if your keyboard is not working, follow this guide.
Many Lenovo users reported that the keyboard has stopped working. In some cases, it is not connected properly.
While in other situations, some external factors cause the issue. However, we can fix the problem in a few minutes.
1. Unlock the Keyboard
Once, I accidentally locked my keyboard and could not type anything. I was worried that my laptop has gone bad. But, then I discussed the issue with my friend.
He diverted my attention toward this problem. The same may be the case with you. So, unlock your keyboard by the following method;
- Hold down the right “Shift” key for 8 seconds or until you hear a tone.
- The screen will show the “Filter” key icon.
- Turn OFF the Filter keys. You can access them from the search box.
2. Test On-Screen Keyboard
You have to check the on-screen keyboard. Test it whether it is working or not. Here are the steps;
- On the Home screen, click the Windows icon.
- Then, go to “Settings” and then choose “Ease of Access”.
- Select “Keyboard” and turn “Use the On-Screen Keyboard” to the ON position.
- You can also click the “Ease of Access” logo on the Login screen of your Lenovo.
- Check the box next to “Type without the Keyboard”.
- Click all the keys with the cursor or your finger.
- Make sure all on-screen keys are working.
- Now, press the buttons on the physical keyboard. They may respond now.
3. Check Settings
Some wrong settings can also interfere with keyboard usage. So, you should check and correct them;
- Go to the Search box on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Type “Control Panel” and then choose “Ease of Access”.
- Click “Make the Keyboard easier to use”.
- In the submenu, uncheck all the boxes.
- Tap the “Apply Settings” button and then restart your Lenovo tab.
4. Test via Notepad
In some cases, keys fail to work only with certain software. Hence, we have to check them with other apps or software. It is recommended to check via Notepad.
- In the search box, type “Notepad” and select it.
- Press the keys and check if the text appears on the screen.
- If all keys work well, your Lenovo has some software issues.
- If possible test the keys with different software.
- Troubleshoot or update that specific software in which keys fail to work.
5. Reinstall Keyboard Drivers
An easy fix is to reinstall the keyboard drivers on your Lenovo tab. In the search box, type “Device Manager” and click it.
- Navigate to the “Keyboard” and expand it.
- Please search for the driver and right-click it.
- Choose “Uninstall Device” and restart your laptop.
- The drivers will be installed automatically once you restart the device.
6. Update Drivers
Another cause is that you have not updated the keyboard drivers. Hence, your Lenovo Pro is not working properly. Here is how to update the drivers;
- Connect your tab to a reliable internet connection.
- Go to the Lenovo website on your browser.
- Select PC and then “Detect Product”.
- Choose “Drivers and Software”. Then, go to the “Automatic Driver Update” tab and click “Start Scan”.
- Look for the latest version under the “Manual Updates” tab.
- Download and install if any update is available.
- Restart your tab after the update process is completed.
7. Deactivate Gaming Mode
If gaming mode is turned ON, the keyboard may not work well. Therefore, you should disable it.
- Click the Windows icon on your Lenovo screen.
- Go to Settings and then choose “Gaming”.
- Click “Game Mode” on the left side menu.
- Disable the gaming mode by toggling the button to the OFF position.
8. Run Troubleshooter
Running the Windows troubleshooter can help diagnose the issue. Once the root cause is revealed, the problem can be fixed easily.
- Right-click the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Choose “Settings” and then click “Update & Security”.
- Tap the “Troubleshoot” button and choose “Keyboard”.
- Run the troubleshooter and diagnose the reason.
9. Check via Command Prompt
In some cases, only a few keys fail to work. You can check them under Command Prompt.
- In the search box, type “Command Prompt”. Next, press the Windows+X at the same time.
- Select the “Windows PowerShell Admin” or “Command Prompt” tab. Test the keys under the “Administrator” window.
- If all the keys work here, the issue is software related. However, the hardware is defective if the failed keys do not work.
10. Correct Typing Settings
Wrong typing settings can also lead to such an issue. So, check and correct these settings;
- Click the “Windows” icon to open the “Start” menu.
- Choose “Settings” and then the “Devices” tab.
- Click “Typing” and open the typing settings.
- Apply the default settings and test the keyboard.
FAQs Related to Lenovo P11 Pro
The following section will help you further in understanding about Lenovo tab.
Are Lenovo P11 tabs are good for drawing?
Lenovo P11 tabs are very suitable for drawing. They are also a good option for gaming because the device has good software and hardware performance.
Can I use Lenovo my tablet during charging?
Yes, you can use the tab during charging. But, do not use it for too long. Because the device can overheat. It can lead to accidents and damage.
Do the Lenovo Pro tab support SIM card and calling?
Lenovo P11 Pro has only one SIM card slot. So, you can make and receive calls on your Lenovo tab. Moreover, the device also supports calling from Skype, Teams, Messenger, Zoom, and other apps.
Also Read: Lenovo Yoga 730 Touch Screen Not Working
All the solutions mentioned above are authentic and verified. Apply each one correctly to fix your Lenovo P11 Pro keyboard not working. Ask in the comment section if you have further queries.