Is your Huawei tablet not using or detecting an SD card? Don’t worry, this problem is fixable. Mostly, it is a temporary difficulty. So, trying some easy tricks can help. This article is a complete guide. Follow it till the end and apply all tricks.
Solution#1. Remount the SD Card
A simple solution is to remount the SD card. Take out the SD card tray and remove it. Wait a few moments and insert the card back. Be sure to seat it properly.
Solution#2. Restart Your Huawei
Restarting the tablet can also fix the issue. Here is how to do it;
- Press and hold the “Power” button on your Huawei for 2 seconds.
- Release the button when the power menu shows on the screen.
- Choose “Restart” or “Power OFF”.
- Wait for 30-60 seconds.
- Then, press the Power button again to turn ON the device.
- Try this method multiple times.
Solution#3. Remove the SD Card Password
The memory card will not work if you have set any password on it. So, go to settings and remove the password. Follow these steps;
- Open the “Settings” app on your Huawei tablet.
- Go to “Security & Privacy” and click the “More” option.
- Next, select “Encryption and Credentials”.
- Finally, tap “Unlock memory card” or “Clear SD card password”.
Solution#4. Delete the Sub-User Account
Have you created a sub-user account on your device? If the sub-user account is in use, the memory card cannot function as the default storage.
This is a safety measure for data security. So, delete the account by the following process;
- Note that deleting the sub-user account will also erase its data. It is recommended to create a backup first.
- Go to the “Settings” app on your device.
- Navigate to the “Users” tab.
- Look if there is any sub-user account and then delete it.
Solution#5. Check Incompatible Files
If you try to download incompatible files, the memory card will not work. For example, some users may try to download Netflix movies. They can be stored in the internal storage of your device but not in an SD card.
So, downloading fails, and the card does not work. However, files, pictures, and videos can be downloaded to the card.
Solution#6. Set SD Card as Internal Storage
Some of the files or videos cannot be saved to the SD card. Instead, they go to the internal storage of your device. Hence, you should set the SD card as internal storage. Here are the steps;
- Note that the SD card may be formatted on converting to the internal storage.
- Open the “Settings” on your Huawei.
- Choose “Storage” and then select “SD card”.
- Click the 3-dot menu on the top right and choose “Settings”.
- Select “Format as internal” and then “Erase & Format”.
- Finally, reboot or restart your tablet.
Solution#7. Format SD Card
If nothing helps, format the SD card. If it is showing on your tablet, format it from the settings. Otherwise, format the card via a computer or laptop. Most laptops have an SD card slot.
- Insert the card directly into the slot. Use the memory card reader if there is no slot on your PC.
- Make sure the card has been detected by your PC.
- Go to the “My Computer” menu. Choose an “SD card” device with a specific name. Right-click on the card and the “Format” option will appear.
- Click the “Format” button and a pop-up window will appear. Choose the “File System” or “Quick Format” option.
- Hit the “Start” button and the PC will start scanning and formatting your card.
Solution#8. Test Your SD Card
It would help if you diagnose whether your tablet or the SD card is faulty. A simple test can reveal the culprit. Remove the card from your Huawei. Insert it into another device.
Does it shows or work on the other device? If yes, your tablet is the culprit. Likewise, you can also put a different memory card in your Huawei tablet.
Solution#9. Contact Huawei
The above-mentioned tricks should solve your problem. Otherwise, your tablet has some fault. So, you should contact Huawei customer support. Explain your problem. The company will suggest professional solutions or technical help.
FAQs Regarding Huawei Tablets and SD Cards
If you want to learn more about tablets and memory cards, read the following frequently asked questions.
Can I move apps to the SD card on my Huawei tablet?
Go to “Settings” and then choose “Memory and Storage”. Next, click the “Default Storage” option. Choose “SD card” as the Default Storage. Finally, reboot and restart your tablet.
Why my tablet storage is full despite having an SD card?
Apps and videos from certain services do not go to an SD card. Instead, they are stored in the internal memory of your device. So, if you download too many apps, the storage becomes full. Set the memory card as default storage.
How to free up space on my Huawei tablet?
Go to “Optimizer” on your Huawei tablet. Click “Cleanup” and swipe down from the top of the screen. The program will clean up the system trash.
Also read: Huawei Tablet not Turning ON
I have mentioned all the potential troubleshooting tricks. Hopefully, now, your Huawei tablet is using and detecting the SD card. Tell in the comment section which of the solutions worked for you.