This is a very common issue. Many people complain that their Huawei tablet is not connecting to Wifi. It can also happen with the phones and tablets of other brands. I also faced this issue a number of times.
However, I always managed to fix it myself. Generally, this problem is related to software and internet connection. So, we can solve it at home. You don’t need technical help. Just follow my guide till the end.
1. Have You Enabled Wifi?
It is an obvious thing that you have to enable the Wifi. But, sometimes, we forget it. So, make sure you have enabled Wifi on your tablet.
Go to Settings and turn ON Wifi. Disable and enable Wifi 2-3 times. Moreover, check whether your internet router is turned ON or not.
2. Is Your Tablet within Range?
Maybe your Huawei tablet is out of range. That’s why it cannot connect to the internet. So place the tab close to the Wifi router. Does it connect?
If yes, you have to minimize the distance. Remove the obstructions between the two devices. The internet signals become weak due to long distances and walls.
3. Test the Connection
The immediate reason is that your Wifi connection is weak. You can check it through other devices. Connect your smartphone, laptop, or TV to the same internet. Check whether the internet works on other devices. If not, you should troubleshoot the Wifi modem.
4. Change the Security Mode
The connection may fail due to Security Mode. Try changing the mode on your internet device.
- Login to your Wifi router admin page.
- Go to Settings and then Security.
- Change the mode from “WEP” to “WPA2-PSK”.
- If it does not help, select “No Security”. It will disable the security settings.
- However, without security, anyone can connect to your internet. If this trick helps, apply security again after some time.
4. Restart Your Wifi Router
It is a very useful trick to fix temporary issues. Restarting the device worked for me. The restart method depends on the type of internet device. I am explaining a general method here;
- Unplug your router from the wall power outlet.
- Wait for 30-60 seconds.
- Press the “Power” button to turn ON the device.
- Find the “Reset” button on your router.
- Read the user manual to know the correct reset method.
5. Forget and Reconnect
Another effective method is to forget and reconnect the internet. I tried it many times and it worked. Here is how to do it;
- Go to “Settings” on your Huawei tablet. Choose “Wifi and Internet”.
- Click your home network on the list. Hit the “Forget” button.
- Turn OFF Wifi on your device.
- After 30-60 seconds, enable Wifi search.
- Connect to your home network by entering the password.
6. Change Wifi Password
This is a very useful trick. It worked for me a number of times. Change the password to solve the connection problem. It is better to choose a simple password containing numbers.
It can be changed from the admin page of your modem. Reconnect your tablet by entering the new password.
7. Reset Network Settings
This is another way to fix the issue. Here are the steps to follow;
- Open the “Settings” app on your Huawei tablet.
- Choose “System” and then “Reset Options”.
- Select “Reset Wifi & Bluetooth” settings.
- Confirm the action by clicking the “Reset” button.
- Restart your device and connect again.
8. Wipe Cache Partition
Corrupted cached data can be the culprit. It is stored in the dedicated partition of your tablet. It may interfere with the normal functioning of the device. So, you have to wipe the cache partition.
- Turn OFF your Huawei tablet by pressing the “Power” button.
- Hold down the “Volume Up” button. Meanwhile, connect the USB charger to your device.
- Keep holding the volume button until your device boots into recovery mode.
- Unplug the USB charger. On the screen, choose “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Use the volume button to highlight an option and press the power button to select it.
- Finally, reboot your tab when the process is completed.
9. Enter Network Information
Enter the network information again for your device. Here is the process;
- On your PC, go to http://172.16.1.254.
- Tap “Network Settings” and then “Wireless”.
- Next, choose “General” and then re-enter your “Wireless Network Name” or “SSID”. Click the “Apply” button.
- Click this link for further information.
10. Is Your Tablet in Blocklist?
Another reason is that your tablet is on the block list of your internet device. It may have happened accidentally or someone has deliberately done it. So, if your Huawei is on the blacklist or missing from the trust list, the internet will not connect.
- Connect a computer or laptop to your home Wifi network.
- Go to the Admin/Manage device page of your router.
- Click “More Settings/Functions” and then choose “Wifi Settings”.
- Next, select “Wifi Access Control”.
- Check if your Huawei is on the “Device List” of the blocklist. Remove it from the blocklist.
- Also, check if your tablet is on the “Trustlist”. If not, add it to the list.
- Moreover, check the “Parental Control”. Disable the controls to access the internet.
- Restart both your router and the tablet.
Also read: Huawei Tablet cannot Use SD Card
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about the Huawei tablet and wireless connectivity.
What is network SSID and where to find it?
SSID or Service Set Identifier is your network’s name. Go to Settings on your tablet or phone. Click “Connections” and then choose “Wifi”. Your network SSID will be displayed here. Click and note it.
Are the WPA key and Wifi password the same thing?
Both are different things. WPA is also called WEP or Wifi Protected Access. While the Wifi password is used to protect your network. The WPA key lets other devices join your network.
Can someone hack an encrypted Wifi?
Wifi routers are vulnerable to hacking like other devices. It can be hacked by using DNS or Domain Name Server. Hackers can change settings and passwords. You will not able to log in to your router’s admin page if it is hacked.
Hopefully, your issue of the Huawei tablet not connecting to Wifi is solved now. I would recommend you try all the above-mentioned solutions. I have personally tested and verified these troubleshooting tricks.