Do you need to reset your ONN tablet but have forgotten its password? If yes, I will help you. This guide will teach you how to reset your device without a password.
It is not a big deal. Such issues are common with smart devices. However, modern technology has discovered solutions. I have combined all the solutions in this guide. Follow this article till the end;
Method#1. Reset the PIN
If you have lost or forgotten the PIN, reset it. By resetting, you can create a new PIN. Here is the method;
- Go to “Settings” on your ONN tablet. Navigate to the “Lock Screen” tab.
- Choose the type of lock screen; pattern or code.
- Click the “Change Password” button. Enter the new PIN or pattern.
- Then, use this new PIN to reset your device.
Method#2. Bypass the Password
This method can work if your ONN tablet is running on Android 4.4 or earlier. It has a pre-installed bypass mechanism. So, your tablet can be unlocked through this system. Try the following process;
Step#1. Enter Incorrect PIN
- Your device should be connected to an internet network.
- As you have forgotten the password, enter the incorrect PIN 5 times.
- Click the “Forgot PIN/pattern” button if it appears. (If this button does not show, your ONN tab lacks this function).
Step#2. Enter Google Information
- Enter your Google address and password. Use the Google Account through which you are signed in.
- Hit the “Sign in” button. Meanwhile, open the same Google account on your PC or smartphone.
- An email will be sent to you. It will contain the passcode reset information.
- Under the “Updates” tab, open the Google message.
Step#3. Create New Password
- Next, click the link in the email sent to the other device.
- A form will open to create a new password.
- Here, you can create a new PIN or password.
Step#4. Unlock the Device
- This information can be used to temporarily unlock your device.
- Once the device is unlocked, you can set a new password.
- Go to “Settings” and then the “Lock Screen” menu.
- Choose a pattern or numbers to create a new password.
Method#3. Restore Factory Settings without PIN
Factory reset will restore the original settings. The PIN is set afterward. Hence, it will be removed and your tab can be reset. Here is the manual method;
- It is recommended to back up all the data to an SD card, Google Drive, or computer. Because factory reset will delete everything from your tablet.
- Press and hold the “Power” button on your ONN tablet. Meanwhile, hold down the “Volume Up” button.
- Release the keys when the screen shows “Android System Recovery”.
- Highlight the “Wipe Data & Factory Reset” using the volume keys.
- Select the option by pressing the Power button.
- The device will restart and reset to the factory settings.
Method#4. Reset Your ONN Tablet via Keyboard
Another trick is to reset your device using an external keyboard.
- Connect the keyboard to your tablet using a USB cable.
- You can also use a wireless keyboard.
- Turn OFF your ONN completely. Turn ON the keyboard.
- Press and hold the “ESC” button on the keyboard until your tab restarts.
- The factory reset option will appear on the screen. Click the reset button and then restart your device.
Method#5. Switch to Recovery Mode
One easy way is to disable the password. Go to Settings>Security>Passwords. Then, restart your tablet in recovery mode;
- Open the “Settings” app and choose “System”.
- Select “Advanced” and then tap “Reset Options”.
- Click “Erase All Data” and then “Reset Phone”.
- Next, hit the “Erase Everything” button.
- Within a few moments, the device will be restored to factory settings.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding ONN Tablet
Here are some important and frequently asked questions. Go through them for more information.
Why is my ONN table is running slow?
There can be multiple reasons your ONN tablet is slow. For example, too many apps are running in the background. Likewise, an app is buggy and has put a load on the system. Another cause is that storage space is full. So, delete extra apps, pictures, and videos, and clear the cache. Install the latest software update and charge the battery.
How to charge Amazon Fire Tablet without a charger?
Simply, take a USB cable. Connect one end to your Fire tablet, and plug the other end into your PC or laptop. Make sure the computer is turned ON and not in sleep mode. In this way, you can charge the tab without charging the adapter.
What is a PIN code or password for a smart device?
The PIN code is called “Personal Identification Number”. It is set for security purposes. PIN code restricts the unauthorized use of the SIM card in mobile devices. A lock screen password is used to protect the whole system of your device.
Also review: Set SD Card as Default Storage on Samsung
So, there are multiple ways to reset your ONN tablet without the password. I have explained all the methods in detail. Apply them correctly to resolve your issue. Stay connected with us.