Disney Plus is an amazing streaming service for all age groups. It is an annoying situation if Disney is not working on your Amazon Fire tablet. You have to skip your favorite shows or movies.
Some users complain that YouTube is not working on their tab. Likewise, some report the same issue with other apps and services.
However, the problem can be solved by applying a few troubleshooting tricks. In this guide, I will explain how to resolve this issue. This article is also applicable if other apps fail to work on your Amazon tab.
Fix#1. Clear App Cache
Cache build-up in Disney Plus can also cause this issue. So, you should clear it by the following method;
- On your Fire tablet, go to “Settings”.
- Choose “Apps & Notifications”.
- Then, select “Manage All Applications”.
- Choose Disney Plus from the list of apps.
- Next, click the “Storage” option and then “Clear Data”.
- Finally, hit the “Clear Cache” button.
- You can try another step. From the “Storage” section, choose “Clear All Data”.
Fix#2. Restart Your Tablet
A quick way to resolve the issue is to restart your Fire tablet. Here is the process;
- Hold down the “Power” button for 3 seconds.
- Release the button when the “Shutdown” message appears on the screen.
- Click the “OK” button to turn OFF the device.
- Wait for 30-60 seconds.
- Then, press the “Power” button again to turn the device ON.
Fix#3. Update Disney Plus
The app may stop working if it is not up to date. Because each update comes with new features. It also improves the efficiency of the application. Hence, check and install the updates;
- Go to the “Google/App Store” on your Amazon Fire tablet.
- Click your profile icon and then choose “Manage apps & device”.
- Select the “Updates Available” button.
- Check if any update is available for Disney Plus. Hit the “Update” button to start downloading.
Fix#4. Uninstall and Reinstall
Software glitches can cause the app not to work. So, uninstall it and then reinstall. Here is how to do it;
- Open “Settings” on your tablet. Choose the “Games & Apps” tab.
- Scroll the list and choose “Disney Plus”.
- Click the 3-dot menu icon. Choose “Manage All Applications” and then select “Disney Plus”.
- Hit the “Delete from Device” button.
- Restart your tablet. Then, go to the app store and download the app again.
Fix#5. Disney Plus is Down
One of the common reasons is that the app is down. The app developer or the service has some issues. It can be checked from the DownDetector website.
This site gets data from other users. Moreover, it also shows a live outage map. So, you have to wait if the app is down. No troubleshooting trick can help in this situation.
Fix#6. Check Your Internet Connection
Poor internet connection may be the culprit. If the signals are weak, nothing can work on your device. So, check your connection strength. Run other apps on your device.
Likewise, connect a different device to your network. The internet is faulty if other apps and devices also create the same issue. You may be using mobile data. Make sure your SIM is not out of MB data and is turned ON.
Fix#7. Troubleshoot Your Wifi Router
Once you have tested the internet connection, troubleshoot it. There are multiple ways and solutions.
- Restart your Wifi router. Unplug the internet device from the wall power outlet.
- Simply turn it OFF completely. Wait a few moments and then turn the device ON again.
- You can also restart the device from the admin page.
- Moreover, you can try to reset your internet device.
- Find and press the “Reset” button. Go to the Device Manager website and reset it.
Fix#8. Location Issues
Disney Plus works only in certain regions. Maybe your region does not support it or you may be traveling to another country. Furthermore, some specific Disney movies do not work in certain regions.
It means they are not supported by those countries. Many users report that Disney Plus likes some of the devices more than others. Hence, it may not work properly on your Fire tablet. It is recommended to try it on a different device like a computer or smartphone.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to learn more, read the following frequently asked questions. Know a few more troubleshooting solutions.
Why is YouTube not working on the Amazon Fire Tablet?
First, reboot and restart your tablet. Go to the app store and update YouTube. Another way is to uninstall the app. Then, reinstall and open it. Check your internet connection. Another reason is that certain YouTube channels may be blocked in your region.
How much does Disney Plus cost monthly?
The basic version costs around $7.99 monthly or $79.99 yearly. While a Premium subscription will cost $10 a month. Moreover, discounts and bundles charge $13.99 to $19.99. Bundles include Disney Plus, Hulu, and ESPN Plus.
Which devices are compatible with Disney Plus?
Almost, all devices are compatible with this service. For example, it can work on Android, iOS, Windows, Smart TVs, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, etc.
What do Error 83 and 39 mean on Disney Plus?
Error 83 indicates that your internet connection is weak or the device is incompatible. While error 39 says that Disney cannot play your chosen content. So, check your internet connection, device compatibility, and software issues.
How much data Disney Plus utilizes?
Data usage mostly depends on the video quality. Streaming in 1080p will use 2.5GB per hour. While in HD quality, 2GB per hour will be used. Only 0.6GB/hour will be used if videos are played in SD mode.
Why Disney Plus is not working on my Roku device?
Restart and update your Roku device. Likewise, update the Disney Plus app. Check your internet connection and troubleshoot the router. Plug your Roku directly into your TV set. Check if the subscription plan is expired.
Also review: How to Fix Roblox not Working on Amazon Fire Tablet
You can try multiple tricks to fix the issue. Hopefully, Disney Plus is now working on your Amazon Fire tablet. It is recommended to apply all the potential solutions. Also, read FAQs for further help. Tell us in the comment box if you have any other problems.