Many users report the Asus tablet’s black screen of death. The device freezes or the screen goes dark permanently. Sometimes, it happens during playing games. While in other cases, the issue occurs suddenly.
Whatever the reason is, the problem can be solved. I have found very effective troubleshooting tricks. Apply all these solutions correctly. This guide applies to all models of Asus tablets.
1. Reboot Your Asus
Many users fixed the device via rebooting. Here is how to reboot your Asus tablet;
- Press and hold the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons at the same time.
- Hold the buttons until a reboot screen appears.
- Choose “Continue Power ON”. The device will restart.
2. Charge Your Asus Tablet
The battery of your Asus tablet may be dead. That’s why the screen has gone black. Connect the charger to your device. Be sure to use the original charger provided with your Asus.
Let the device charge for an hour. Then, hold down the Power button to turn it ON. If it does not work, let it charge for 24 hours. Hopefully, it will restore the energy and start working.
3. Check Screen Brightness
You may have reduced the screen brightness accidentally. Therefore, the screen has gone black. So, check the brightness level.
Press Fn+F6 on the keyboard. This key combination works for Asus two-in-one laptop plus tablet. On a simple tablet, brightness can be increased through settings.
4. Test the Display
The display screen of your Asus may be defective. You can test it by the following method;
- Connect an external monitor with your Asus tablet.
- Press the Fn+F8 keys at the same time. This will switch the display to the external monitor.
- Does anything displays on the second monitor? Is everything normal?
- If nothing displays on the external monitor, restart the tablet. Press F4 repeatedly and the image will display.
- If the second monitor shows the images, the hardware of your Asus tablet is defective. Otherwise, the device has some software issues.
5. Reset the Tablet and Display Settings
This solution works for Asus laptop +tablet. The display settings are wrong. You can adjust them by pressing the following key combination;
- Press “Windows+ Ctrl+ Shift+ B”.
- If this does not work, try the following reset method;
- First, restart your Asus tablet.
- Next, press “Windows+L” on the keyboard. It will lead you to the Windows sign-in screen.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key and hit click “Power>Restart”.
- The device will enter the “Windows Recovery Environment” (WinRE).
- Choose “Troubleshoot” and then “Reset this PC”. Click “Next” and then “Keep my files”.
- It will take a few moments to complete the process.
6. Loose Internal Connections
Have you accidentally dropped your tablet and the screen turned black? If yes, some internal connection is loose. The device is working but the screen is dark. So, tap on the back of your tablet.
Tap in the center and all corners. The loose internal connection may rejoin. If this works temporarily, you have to check the hardware.
7. Adjust the Ribbon Cable
There is a ribbon cable inside the tablet. It is a connection cable. If it becomes loose, your device will stop working. The solution is to open the tablet. You have to buy an opening kit.
Disassemble your Asus and reseat the ribbon cable. Otherwise, go to a nearby certified technician for repairing the device.
You may Like: Best Tablets for Emulation
8. Remove the Battery
An effective trick is to remove the battery of your Asus tablet. There may be a virus attack. So, turn OFF your device completely. Disconnect all external devices.
Open the back cover and remove the battery. Wait for a minimum of 30 seconds and a maximum of 5 minutes. Then, reinsert the battery and turn ON the device. Watch this video for the complete process.
9. Update BIOS
The problem may be related to the software. So, download the BIOS update on your Asus. Here is the method;
- Visit the Asus official support website on your device.
- Click the search icon and enter the model number of your device.
- On the support page, choose the “BIOS Update” section.
- Search for the “BIOS Installer for Windows” or “Windows BIOS Flash Utility” file. Hit the “Download” button.
10. Disable Fast Startup
Turn OFF fast startup on your Asus laptop. Here are the steps;
- Press “Windows+R” on the keyboard.
- It will open the dialogue box. Type “cpl” and then click “OK”.
- From the left pane, select “Choose what the power button does”.
- Open the “System Settings” window.
- Next, click “Choose settings that are currently unavailable”.
- Uncheck the box next to “Turn ON fast startup”. Hit the “Save Changes” button. Finally, restart your device.
11. Contact Asus
These tips should fix your device. However, if the screen is still black, you need professional support. Kindly contact Asus customer support.
Explain your problem and possible causes. If the device is under warranty, they will repair or replace it. Send your tablet to the company.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Asus Tablet
Here are some of the frequently asked questions. They are included to help you understand the tablets further.
Is the black screen of death a permanent issue?
Generally, software virus causes a black screen of death. However, in most cases, it can be fixed. In extreme situations, the problem is related to hardware. Hence, the device needs to be repaired.
What is a blue screen of death?
Blue screen of death is caused by software errors. It is also called a stop error. Its reasons are incomplete drivers, defective hardware, overheating, or poor power supply.
How to fix a frozen Asus laptop or tablet?
Press and hold the “Power” button to force restart your device. Hold down both the Power and Volume Down buttons on some Asus models until it restarts. Another fix is to remove the battery and then reinsert it.
Also review: How to Fix Asus Tablet not Charging
First, apply all the troubleshooting tips. Indeed, they will fix your Asus tablet’s black screen of death. You can ask in the comment section if you have any queries. Stay connected with Tabletsquad.